SureImage Power Distribution Unit Model 600/M
Designed specifically for “Medical OEM” equipment, the SureImage Model 600/M PDU provides power conditioning, isolation, and power distribution for imaging and treatment modalities!
Our Model 600/M PDU allows OEMs to overcome the challenges of providing power quality to all system components, regardless of voltage requirements and power demand. The 600/M is a single box solution providing voltage conversion, power conditioning, and OEM-specified output distribution – all in a space-saving footprint!
Our Model 600/M, PDU includes a single main input circuit breaker, low impedance double-shielded isolation transformer, and surge protection – together with customized controls and distribution options that allow OEM engineers to “build the perfect PDU” for each and every modality!
Three Phase Sizes: 55 KVA/130K(i) rated model shown and described on this webpage. Other output power ratings are available for OEM design.
Note: K(i) rating refers to the intermittent KVA or momentary power demand rating.
- Intermittent K(i) to continuous KVA ratio of 3:1 or lower.
- Conservative transformer design approach permits longer operation at intermittent K(i) ratings to meet the momentary power demands of medical equipment.
- Multiple input voltage taps are easily accessed and selected to accommodate any site’s power source.
- Multiple output voltages available at OEM-specified KVA/K(i) levels.
- Custom controls available to facilitate local and remote on/off features, and emergency power (EPO/REPO) shutdown.
- OEM-specified output power distribution.
- Input surge protection.
- Output TVSS and high frequency noise filters with fuse failure indicators.
- Heavy-duty casters for convenient placement . . . leveling feet and seismic brackets for secure installation.
- The following example specification is for our 55 KVA/130K(i) rated model. This specification will vary based on OEM-specific requirements.
- Input Voltage: 200/208/240/380/415/440/460/480/500 VAC, 3 Phase, Delta
- Input Frequency: 50/60 Hz, ± 3 Hz
- Input Circuit Breaker: Adjustable electronic circuit breaker, 250 amp frame
- Controls: 24 VAC shunt trip control of input CB for emergency power off (local and remote) and over temperature shutdown
- Output Voltages: 480/277 and 400/230 VAC, 3 Phase, Wye
- Output Power Rating: 55 KVA/130K(i) total
- Output Impedance: 2% typical
- Load Regulation: ≤ 2% at each nominal output voltage, no load to full load, continuous KVA rating
- Electrostatic Shielding: Two (2) full length copper foil shields
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 126 dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 3 dB down at 1 KHZ, decaying 40 dB per decade
- Operating Temperature: 0 degrees to 40 degrees C
- Efficiency: 97 – 98% typical
- Audible Noise: ≤ 50 dBA at 1 meter
- Weight: 988 lbs —– Dimensions: 22″ W x 26″ D x 49.5″ H
- Computerized Tomography (CT Scan)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Linear Accelerator
- Other Imaging & Treatment Modalities
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
How does the Model 600/M simplify site preparation and reduce installation cost?
- OEM medical equipment often requires several power feeds of differing voltages and capacities. In many cases, a customer’s available power source simply cannot satisfy these requirements. Addressing this issue on a “site-by-site” basis is expensive and time consuming . . . and plenty can go wrong.
- The 600/M PDU is a single-box “pre-engineered” solution to this problem. The installing contractor brings a single power feed into the PDU, and the 600/M transforms that voltage into the one or more nominal voltages at the exact amperage rating required. Multiple output circuit breakers are preconfigured to match the OEM equipment. Long feeder runs are eliminated and each installation becomes exactly what you want: predictable and successful!
How does the Model 600/M enhance the reliability and performance of my medical equipment?
- The reliability and performance of OEM medical equipment is enhanced as a result of the clean, isolated power. Power disturbances such as voltage spikes, transients, and electrical noise can cause random error codes, system lock-ups, and even system failures, resulting in unscheduled downtime. The 600/M eliminates these power disturbances by incorporating carefully coordinated components including input surge protection, a “double shielded” isolation transformer and an output transient voltage surge suppression (TVSS) network with a high frequency noise filter.
Why choose the 600/M over competing OEM PDU products?
- Unlike competing PDU designs, the 600/M incorporates a “double shielded” isolation transformer, providing 126 dB common mode noise attenuation. This transformer, combined with the 600/M’s output transient voltage surge suppression (TVSS) and high frequency filter, provide superior transverse mode noise attenuation as well. In addition, the 600/M intermittent K(i) to continuous KVA ratio is typically 3:1 or lower. This conservative transformer design approach permits longer operation at intermittent K(i) ratings to meet the momentary power demands of medical equipment during calibration and operational modes.
Can I get the output ratings and voltages I need?
- Absolutely yes! Our featured PDU design is rated at 55kVA/130K(i), but other output ratings are available upon request. The 600/M can be customized with OEM-specified multiple voltage taps on the input and output of the system. This allows for a true “universal” PDU that can accommodate any input power source and can create the one or more nominal voltages required!
Can I get the output distribution I need?
- Absolutely yes! Many configurations can be made available that include hardwire connections, as well as flush-mounted medical-grade receptacles. All output distribution circuits are individually protected with their own circuit breaker.
Controlled Power Company warrants the SureImage Model 600M Power Distribution Unit to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years following shipment from the factory. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Websiteread more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts, or standby inverters), are you aware that for many customer sites there are far better, code-compliant solutions? Thought-provoking questions, indeed! …read more >
Bad Power WILL Cost You Money!
While the electric utilities do a good job of generating quality power, it’s through the very nature of electrical transmission and distribution that these utility companies then ‘lose control’ of the quality of the electric power that a commercial / industrial / healthcare / educational facility receives and uses. While over- and under-voltages can certainly…read more >
NEW! Seismic-rated Emergency Lighting Inverters
Controlled Power Company www.controlledpwr.com, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power solutions, announces the availability of seismic-rated, centralized emergency lighting inverters. The company’s single phase “UltraLITE Model ELU” (1.5 kW – 14 kW) and three phase “EON Model EL3” (10kW – 33kW) inverters are designed and tested in…read more >