SureImage Model Ultra-K/M
(75K(i) - 225K(i))
Meets and Exceeds DOE 2016 Minimum Efficiency Standards
Part of the SureImage Imaging and Treatment Series, the Power Conditioner Model Ultra-K/M is a medical-grade, high-efficiency, K-rated, power conditioning transformer specifically designed to provide a high degree of electrical noise attenuation and transient voltage suppression to MRI, CT, PET, Linear Accelerator, and X-ray equipment. The Ultra-K/M provides isolation from the incoming power source and also provides output power conditioning. These attributes protect medical imaging and treatment equipment from spikes, harmonics and ground noise, thus ensuring accurate and clear image scans.
The Ultra-K/M meets and exceeds the high efficiency levels defined by the U.S. Department of Energy 2016 Standard, thus providing energy savings under both linear and non-linear loads.
Three Phase Sizes: 75K(i), 112.5K(i), 150K(i), 225K(i)
- Significant Reduction/Elimination of “Artifacts” in the Digital Image
- Enhanced Workflow and Processing Time
- Prevents Premature Failure of Imaging/Treatment Equipment
- Lower Cost to Maintain Imaging/Treatment Equipment
- Reduced Installation Expenses
- Higher Power Efficiency and Lower Operating Costs
- Efficiency: U.S. — Meets and exceeds U.S. Dept. of Energy (DOE) 2016 minimum efficiency standards identified under DOE 10 CFR Part 431.
- Canada — Meets and exceeds CSA Standard C802.2-12
- Transformer Shielding: Triple (3 electrostatic shields)
- Output Load Regulation: ≤ 2% from typical steady state load to intermittent power demand
- Voltage Compensation Taps: Full capacity taps at 2.5% increments, 2 FCAN and 4 FCBN (Exception: 225K(i) at 208 VAC or 240 VAC input — taps at 5% increments, 1 FCAN and 2 FCBN)
- K-Factor Rating: K13
- Output Impedance: 2% typical at 50% of rated load
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 146 dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 3 kB down at 10 KHz, 40 dB down per decade
- Standard Surge Protection Device (SPD): Secondary-connected, 40kA per mode; with high frequency filter, status indicator
- Temperature Rise: 115°C above ambient, not exceeding 135°C under non-linear loading, per UL 1561 Standard
- Optional SPD, 100kA per phase, UL 1449 Listed; with EMI/RFI filtering, form C relay contacts, LED status indicators
- Optional main input/output CB provided in separate NEMA1 enclosure for external mounting and installation
- Optional high/over temperature alarm contacts for customer’s hardwired connection
- Optional IR window(s) for safe routine thermal scanning of transformer connections under load
- Linear Accelerator
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
What is a K(i) Rating?
- A K(i) rating refers to the intermittent kVA or momentary power demand rating. When performing an imaging scan or treatment procedure, most medical equipment has a high inrush current — meaning that the current will rise 3 to 5 times the steady state current, or higher! SureImage medical K(i) rated power conditioners and voltage regulators are designed to supply this demand, while continuing to provide tightly-regulated voltage.
How do I know I need a power conditioner for my imaging system?
- In most cases if image scans are of poor quality or the equipment is not functioning properly on a frequent basis or even sporadic occurrences, then the power going to the imaging equipment could be out of specification and may need a power conditioner.
How does the Ultra-K/M Power Conditioner differ from other power conditioners?
The Ultra-K/M has many different features that set it apart from other power conditioners.
- Low Output Impedance: The Ultra-K/M has a 2% output impedance. This provides higher inrush capability, while delivering a more stable voltage and a lower vTHD during an imaging scan.
- Line Noise and Ground Noise Attenuation: Many power conditioners do not have high levels of ground and line noise attenuation. The Ultra-K/M Power Conditioner is triple shielded, and provides common mode (line to ground) noise attenuation of 146dB, simply the highest in the industry. Factoring in the leakage inductance of the transformer and output filtering, there exists a high level of transverse mode noise attenuation as well: 3dB down at 10kHZ, 40dB down per decade.
- Isolation: Some power conditioning products do NOT provide isolation. In fact, isolation is critical for the successful installation of medical imaging and treatment equipment. With isolation, a new neutral to ground bond is established, which prevents disruptive and sometimes damaging ground noise. Classified as a newly derived power source, OEM specified Total Load Regulation specifications can be met, and crucial common mode noise attenuation can be accomplished.
- The Ultra-K/M has many different features that set it apart from other power conditioners.
How does the Ultra-K/M Power Conditioner improve quality of the image scans?
- The Ultra-K/M improves the quality of image scans because of its isolation, superior “step load” voltage regulation, re-established N-G bond, and attenuation of voltage spikes. When the power is clean, the imaging device will operate at its optimum level.
Controlled Power Company warrants the SureImage Model Ultra-K/M transformer (core and coil) to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year full, and an additional 24 years pro-rated. All other unit components are covered by a 2 year full replacement warranty. The warranty periods begin following the original factory ship date. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >
Centralized Battery Backup — Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simplify NFPA 101 compliance and lower maintenance costs? We can show you how! With NFPA standards reflecting automatic testing of life safety systems and computer-based reporting of test…read more >
NEW! Website File-Upload Capability!
We want to inform you of an exciting, brand-new feature on our website! As sales prospects, existing customers, engineers, distributors, electrical contractors, end-users, etc … you now have the ability to securely upload drawing files…read more >
Single Phase, LED-Compatible, Seismic-Rated Emergency Lighting Inverter
Many new construction projects are now including LED fixtures in their lighting design … and some of these LED fixtures are designated for emergency egress lighting. If you’ve been tasked with specifying a cost-effective, LED-compatible…read more >