Series 900 Power Commander
(15kVA - 450kVA) Three Phase
The Series 900 Power Commander is a magnetic voltage regulator that provides high precision voltage regulation with high fault clearing capability. With the Power Commander’s tight voltage regulation and load regulation, it is the best choice for testing as well as high precision voltage applications.
Three Phase Sizes: 15kVA, 22.5kVA, 30kVA, 45kVA, 75kVA, 112.5kVA, 150kVA, 225kVA, 300kVA, 450kVA
- High precision voltage regulation
- High fault clearing capability
- Low harmonic distortion
- Adjustable output voltage
- Tight load regulation
- 20 year design life
- Rugged design
- No moving parts (except certain models have fans)
- Low maintenance
- Remote sensing to compensate for series voltage drops to the load
- Voltage Regulation: ± 1% or better for input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load
- Frequency Range: 57 to 63 Hz for 60 Hertz models, or 48 to 52 Hz for 50 Hertz models
- Output Voltage Adjustment Range: Adjustable to ± 10% with internally located potentiometer
- Correction Time: 5 to 9 cycles under worst case conditions
- Harmonic Content: Less than 5% THD added under linear load
- Efficiency: 91% to 94%, KVA size dependent
- Overload Capability: 500% for 10 seconds, 1000% for one cycle
- Test Laboratories/Failure Testing/Burn In
- Pre-market Product Testing
- Industrial/Commercial/Institutional Facilities
- Power Generation Authorities
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Regulated Bypass for Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Highly Accurate Voltage Regulation Needs
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
How does the Power Commander regulate voltage?
- The Power Commander uses the natural properties of magnetics to regulate voltage. The Power Commander changes the magnetic properties of a transformer through a control loop, thus changing the voltage either up or down.
What differentiates the Power Commander from other regulators?
- The Power Commander can regulate voltage to within 1%, even with input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load. Most voltage regulators available today simply are not this precise. In addition, the output voltage may be sensed and regulated at the load, automatically compensating for line and wire losses due to long distance cable runs to the load!
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 900 Power Commander to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >
Centralized Battery Backup — Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simplify NFPA 101 compliance and lower maintenance costs? We can show you how! With NFPA standards reflecting automatic testing of life safety systems and computer-based reporting of test…read more >
NEW! Website File-Upload Capability!
We want to inform you of an exciting, brand-new feature on our website! As sales prospects, existing customers, engineers, distributors, electrical contractors, end-users, etc … you now have the ability to securely upload drawing files…read more >
Single Phase, LED-Compatible, Seismic-Rated Emergency Lighting Inverter
Many new construction projects are now including LED fixtures in their lighting design … and some of these LED fixtures are designated for emergency egress lighting. If you’ve been tasked with specifying a cost-effective, LED-compatible…read more >