Series 900 Power Commander
(15kVA - 450kVA) Three Phase
The Series 900 Power Commander is a magnetic voltage regulator that provides high precision voltage regulation with high fault clearing capability. With the Power Commander’s tight voltage regulation and load regulation, it is the best choice for testing as well as high precision voltage applications.
Three Phase Sizes: 15kVA, 22.5kVA, 30kVA, 45kVA, 75kVA, 112.5kVA, 150kVA, 225kVA, 300kVA, 450kVA
- High precision voltage regulation
- High fault clearing capability
- Low harmonic distortion
- Adjustable output voltage
- Tight load regulation
- 20 year design life
- Rugged design
- No moving parts (except certain models have fans)
- Low maintenance
- Remote sensing to compensate for series voltage drops to the load
- Voltage Regulation: ± 1% or better for input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load
- Frequency Range: 57 to 63 Hz for 60 Hertz models, or 48 to 52 Hz for 50 Hertz models
- Output Voltage Adjustment Range: Adjustable to ± 10% with internally located potentiometer
- Correction Time: 5 to 9 cycles under worst case conditions
- Harmonic Content: Less than 5% THD added under linear load
- Efficiency: 91% to 94%, KVA size dependent
- Overload Capability: 500% for 10 seconds, 1000% for one cycle
- Test Laboratories/Failure Testing/Burn In
- Pre-market Product Testing
- Industrial/Commercial/Institutional Facilities
- Power Generation Authorities
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Regulated Bypass for Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Highly Accurate Voltage Regulation Needs
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
How does the Power Commander regulate voltage?
- The Power Commander uses the natural properties of magnetics to regulate voltage. The Power Commander changes the magnetic properties of a transformer through a control loop, thus changing the voltage either up or down.
What differentiates the Power Commander from other regulators?
- The Power Commander can regulate voltage to within 1%, even with input voltage fluctuations of +10% to -20% of nominal, and from no load to full load. Most voltage regulators available today simply are not this precise. In addition, the output voltage may be sensed and regulated at the load, automatically compensating for line and wire losses due to long distance cable runs to the load!
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 900 Power Commander to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Solutions To Electrical Power Disturbances
Have you ever wanted a simple matrix that illustrates “which types of electrical power quality products solve which types of power problems”? We have just such a document to help you! Our “Solutions To Electrical…read more >
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Website
Controlled Power Company, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power quality solutions, announces the launch of its newly re-designed website, www.controlledpwr.com. Using a contemporary development platform, the new…read more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts,…read more >
Bad Power WILL Cost You Money!
While the electric utilities do a good job of generating quality power, it’s through the very nature of electrical transmission and distribution that these utility companies then ‘lose control’ of the quality of the electric…read more >