Series 800PI Industrial Power Purifier
(500VA - 25kVA)
The Series 800PI Industrial Power Purifier is a self-regulating, constant voltage transformer. It provides isolation and protects against fluctuating voltages, brownouts, line noise, and short-duration power outages.
The Industrial Power Purifier’s power conditioning properties enable it to attenuate voltage spikes and reduce harmonic input current to less than 5% THD. This product is ideal for any electrical environment, but is especially valuable in industrial applications where high-power equipment can interfere with vulnerable electronic controls.
The Industrial Power Purifier delivers isolated, regulated, and transient-free sine wave power. It is available in a NEMA1, NEMA2, or NEMA 3R enclosure.
Single Phase Sizes: 500VA, 750VA, 1kVA, 1.5kVA, 2.0kVA, 2.5kVA, 3.0kVA, 5.0kVA, 8.0kVA, 10kVA, 15kVA, 20kVA, 25kVA
- State-of-the-art constant voltage transformer protects sensitive electronic equipment against all power line disturbances, line noise, and transients
- Provides “ride-through” capability for up to (1) full cycle
- Acts as a large filter to reduce reflected harmonics
- Solves most power related problems, thereby protecting and enhancing the performance of critical equipment
- Variable Range Regulation (VRR) – Input operating voltage range increases as an inverse function of load
- Tight output voltage regulation
- NEMA1, NEMA2, and NEMA 3R enclosures available
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -20% at full load; down to -40% from nominal at 50% load
- Output Voltage Regulation: ± 2% typical, ± 3% maximum
- Load Regulation: Typically better than ± 2.5%
- kVA = kW
- Input Current THD: <5%
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 140dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 120dB
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +40°C
- Efficiency: 90-92% at full load
- Safety Listing: UL 1012
- Industrial Computer Networks
- CNC Machines
- Sensitive Electronic Controls
- Variable Speed Drives
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
Is ferroresonant technology old or outdated?
- No. Although it has been around for over 40 years, its reliability and performance have not been surpassed by any other technology. Ferroresonant technology offers trouble-free, clean regulated power and a product life expectancy of over 20 years.
Are all ferroresonant transformers the same?
- No. There are different design approaches that change the overall performance and efficiency. Controlled Power Company uses the most conservative designs, providing the widest input operating voltage range, tightest output voltage regulation, and the greatest efficiency.
Is it true that ferroresonant transformers must be partially loaded to function correctly?
- This depends upon the design. Some manufacturers design their transformers in a way that the load current is an integral part of the operation to conserve copper. The Industrial Power Purifier operates from 0% to 100% load while maintaining its tight regulation without overheating. Pre-load planning is not required.
Will the Industrial Power Purifier handle a short circuit?
- Yes. If a short circuit occurs on the output of the Power Purifier, the unit will limit the current and the output voltage will drop to near zero. The output will return to full nominal voltage once the short is cleared via a downstream fuse or breaker. No damage will occur to the Power Purifier.
What is the Industrial Power Purifier's MTBF?
- The Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) is approximately 200,000 hours. The transformer is made with high-grade silicon steel and electrical-grade copper. The vacuum impregnation process assures mechanical stability. With few components that might fail, 200,000 hours of operation is easily obtained.
What is VRR?
- VRR stands for Variable Range Regulation. This unique feature extends the input operating range from -20% at 100% load to -40% of nominal at 50% load. That equates to 72 volts on a 120 volt nominal input, while maintaining a regulated AC sine wave output.
Does the Power Purifier correct power factor and attenuate harmonics?
- Yes. Power factor is corrected at the input and is improved for the load as well. The filtering properties of output transformer reduce reflected harmonics to typically 5% or less at the input.
Do any other power conditioning technologies attenuate electrical noise?
- Some TVSS manufacturers claim power conditioning, but offer no immunity to waveform distortion or momentary loss of power. Their products only attenuate voltage spikes that exceed limits 25% above nominal. The Power Purifier attenuates voltage spikes down to the fundamental waveform, fills in the notches, recreates a new sine wave, and regulates the output voltage to within 2-3% from nominal.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 800PI Industrial Power Purifier to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years on the transformer (core and coil), prorated for an additional 10 years. All other unit components are warranted for 2 years. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Solutions To Electrical Power Disturbances
Have you ever wanted a simple matrix that illustrates “which types of electrical power quality products solve which types of power problems”? We have just such a document to help you! Our “Solutions To Electrical…read more >
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Website
Controlled Power Company, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power quality solutions, announces the launch of its newly re-designed website, www.controlledpwr.com. Using a contemporary development platform, the new…read more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts,…read more >
Bad Power WILL Cost You Money!
While the electric utilities do a good job of generating quality power, it’s through the very nature of electrical transmission and distribution that these utility companies then ‘lose control’ of the quality of the electric…read more >