Series 800A Commercial Power Purifier
(1kVA - 15kVA)Power Conditioning Voltage Regulators
The Series 800A Commercial Power Purifier is a self-regulating, constant voltage transformer. It provides isolation and protects against fluctuating voltage, brownouts, line noise and short duration power outages. Because of the Commercial Power Purifier’s power conditioning properties, it also attenuates voltage spikes and provides a unique power “ride through” capability. With loss of input power for up to one cycle, the output sine wave remains at usable AC voltage levels! The Commercial Power Purifier is provided in a NEMA1 enclosure and is ideal for power quality problems found in commercial facilities.
Single Phase Sizes: 1.0kVA, 1.6kVA, 2.1kVA, 2.5kVA, 3.5kVA, 5.0kVA, 7.5kVA, 10kVA, 15kVA
- State-of-the-art constant voltage transformer protects sensitive electronic equipment against all power line disturbances, line noise, and transients
- Provides “ride-through” capability for up to (1) full cycle
- Acts as a large filter to reduce reflected harmonics
- Solves most power related problems, thereby protecting and enhancing the performance of critical equipment
- Variable Range Regulation (VRR) – Input operating voltage range increases as an inverse function of load
- Tight output voltage regulation
- Standard input plug with 8 ft. line cord on models up to 3.5kVA
- Standard (4) 5-20R or 5-15R output receptacles on models up to 3.5kVA; optional receptacles on models from 3.5kVA to 15kVA
- Hospital-grade 15 amp or 20 amp input plug and output receptacles are available upon request
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -20% at full load; down to -40% from nominal at 50% load
- Output Voltage Regulation: ± 3% from nominal
- Load Regulation: 3-4% from 0% to 100% load
- Input Current THD: <5%
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 140dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 120dB
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +40°C
- Efficiency: 90% typical
- Leakage current to ground: Less than or equal to 20 microamps (1 kVA – 3.5 kVA)
- Safety Listing: UL 1012
- High-End Digital Photography
- Security Systems
- Data Acquisition
- Test and Measurement Instrumentation
- Sensitive Electronic Equipment
- Medical Labs
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
- Is the ferroresonant technology an old or outdated technology?
- No. Although it has been around for over 40 years, its reliability and performance have not been surpassed by any other technology. Ferroresonant technology offers trouble-free, clean regulated power and a product life expectancy of over 20 years.
- Are all tap switching power conditioners the same?
- No. There are different design approaches that change the overall performance and efficiency. Controlled Power Company uses the most conservative designs, providing the widest input operating voltage range, tightest output voltage regulation, and the greatest efficiency.
- Is it true that ferroresonant transformers must be partially loaded to function correctly?
- This depends upon the design. Some manufacturers design their transformers in a way that the load current is an integral part of the operation to conserve copper. The Commercial Power Purifier operates from 0% to 100% load while maintaining its tight regulation without overheating. Pre-load planning is not required.
- Is it true that the MTBF is 200,000 hours?
- Yes! The transformer is constructed with high-grade silicon steel and electrical grade copper. The vacuum impregnation process assures mechanical stability, and with the low component count, 200,000 hours is easily obtained.
- Just what is VRR?
- VRR stands for “Variable Range Regulation.” This unique feature extends the input operating range from -20% at 100% load to -40% of nominal at 50% load. That equates to 72 volts on a 120 volt nominal input, while maintaining a regulated AC sine wave output.
- Does the Commercial Power Purifier really correct power factor and attenuate harmonics?
- Yes. The Power Purifier corrects power factor at the input and improves it for the load as well. The filtering properties of output transformer reduce reflected harmonics to typically 5% or less at the input.
- Will the Commercial Power Purifier handle a short circuit?
- Yes. If a short circuit occurs on the output of the Commercial Power Purifier, the unit will limit the current and the output voltage will drop to near zero. The output will return to full nominal voltage once the short is cleared via an output fuse or breaker. No damage will occur to the Power Purifier.
- Can the Commercial Power Purifier be used in medical applications?
- In many applications, yes. The Power Purifier's leakage to ground current (1 kVA - 3.5 kVA) is measured at less than or equal to 20 microamps. While the Commercial Power Purifier is not UL listed to 60601-1, its measured leakage current to ground is well below the maximum level specified within the UL Standard. In addition, 15 amp or 20 amp hospital-grade input plug and output receptacles are available upon request.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 800A Commercial Power Purifier to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years on the transformer (core and coil), and 2 years on all other unit components. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
CPC’s “Egress Lighting Integrity Test”
In terms of monitoring, testing, data recording, and recordkeeping, the matrix below shows which of our centralized emergency lighting inverters meet or exceed NFPA 101 (up through and including section 184.108.40.206.3). Compliance With NFPA…read more >
Solutions To Electrical Power Disturbances
Have you ever wanted a simple matrix that illustrates “which types of electrical power quality products solve which types of power problems”? We have just such a document to help you! Our “Solutions To Electrical…read more >
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Website
Controlled Power Company, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power quality solutions, announces the launch of its newly re-designed website, www.controlledpwr.com. Using a contemporary development platform, the new…read more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts,…read more >