Series 700F Power Processor
(10kVA - 150kVA)
The Series 700F is a front access, tap switching, power conditioning voltage regulator which features a small footprint, high efficiency design, triple-shielded isolation transformer, tight output voltage regulation to ± 3%, and optional power quality monitoring. Digital processing provides fast, accurate regulation within one cycle, without over- or under-shoot. With a unique front access cabinet design, left, right, and rear access are not required for system installation, operation or service.
The Series 700F has been shake-table tested and each of our models are offered with an optional seismic rating. Seismic-rated Series 700F models are available with an input nominal voltage of 208VAC, 240VAC, or 480VAC and are provided on floor-mounting channels. These models meet seismic standards which satisfy the California Office of Statewide Health Planning (OSHPD) requirements, as well as CBC 2013 and IBC 2015 standards! The verification testing required is recognized and accepted by most of the U.S., as well as other countries, and not exclusive to the hospital market.
Three Phase Sizes: 10kVA, 15kVA, 25kVA, 30kVA, 50kVA, 75kVA, 100kVA, 125kVA, 150kVA
- Front access only! All installation, operation, maintenance, and testing can occur from the front of the unit — no side or rear access required
- 7-tap, microprocessor-controlled for tight voltage regulation, accuracy, and stability.
- Precisely maintains correct voltage to ± 3% within 1 cycle, and maintains regulation during extended brownouts
- Extended input regulation range options including +10%, -40%; +15%, -25%; and +20%, -30%
- Low output impedance transformer minimizes voltage distortion and sags commonly associated with high surge currents
- Triple-shielded isolation transformer provides a noise-free ground, attenuates voltage spikes and transients, and re-establishes the N-G bond
- Optional internal manual bypass option maintains system isolation, voltage transformation, and power conditioning
- Superior compatibility with dynamic loads
- Increased surge capability, without the need for automatic bypassing, provides full-time power conditioning
- High-efficiency design results in lower operating cost
- Up to two (2) output circuit breakers can be selected on models 10kVA – 50kVA, and up to four (4) on models 75kVA – 150kVA. Consult factory for available breaker ratings
- Optional input and/or output meter with power quality monitoring and remote network communications
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, – 20% from nominal (Extended regulation range options available.)
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ± 3%
- Input Power Factor: > .99 PF with resistive load
- Reflected Harmonics: Triplen harmonics are not reflected to the utility under non-linear loads
- Output Line Voltage Regulation: ± 3% from nominal
- Response Time: < 1/2 cycle
- Correction Time: 1 cycle
- Load Regulation: 2.5% typical, no load to full load
- Overload Rating: 200% for 10 seconds; 1000% for 1 cycle
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 146dB
- Transverse Mode: 3 dB down at 1kHz; 40 dB down per decade to below 50 dB with a resistive load
- Transient Voltage Suppression: Meets ANSI C62.41 Category B-3
- Efficiency: 96% – 97% typical, model and load dependent
- UL 1012 Listed, C-UL Listed to CSA C22.2, No. 107.1-01
- Government/Commercial Buildings
- Broadcast Communications
- Concert Halls/Theaters
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Printing Presses
- Industrial Lasers
- Pulp/Paper Mills
- Food Processing Plants
- UPS Bypass & Power Distribution
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
What is a tap switching power conditioner?
- Tap switching describes a voltage regulating system that uses pre-selected transformer taps to compensate for varying line voltages. A microprocessor control selects the correct tap and makes a connection through high-powered electronic switching devices. This technology is fast, accurate, and very efficient. Power conditioner refers to the system’s ability to provide clean power, free of voltage spikes, transients, and electrical noise.
Are all tap switching power conditioners the same?
- No. Some systems use six voltage taps per phase, while the Series 700F uses seven voltage taps per phase. This extra tap has a big benefit, resulting in tighter voltage regulation and a more stable power source. The Series 700F’s proprietary switching algorithms ensure that incoming voltage distortion will not affect regulation performance, and that nuisance switching and voltage over-shoot often seen with other manufacturers’ designs are eliminated.
Where should the Series 700F tap switching technology be used?
- Tap switching technology should be used for applications and with equipment that require a regulated power source to function properly and perform at an optimum level. For most electronically controlled systems, voltage regulation (correction) must occur within a few cycles. The Series 700F provides voltage correction in one cycle. Other voltage regulating technologies can take numerous cycles or seconds to adjust. This is not acceptable for most electronically controlled systems.
What power quality advantages does the Series 700F offer?
The Series 700F has three major advantages.
- When the input voltage rises dangerously above nominal, the microprocessor immediately calculates the correction necessary, and switches to the appropriate voltage compensating tap within one cycle.
- To provide power conditioning, a low impedance shielded isolation transformer is used to minimize voltage distortion and sags commonly associated with high surge currents. Loads that create momentary surge currents do not affect other equipment connected to the system. The isolation transformer is constructed using three electrostatic shields that provide a high level of common mode noise attenuation, eliminating ground noise and transients.
- Size, weight, audible noise, and operational efficiency are all optimized.
- The Series 700F has three major advantages.
How much overload can the Series 700F handle?
- The Series 700F is very robust and conservatively designed, handling 1,000% of its continuous rating for one cycle and 200% for 10 seconds!
How does the Series 700F protect the load from a utility loss of phase condition?
- A utility loss of phase condition can prove detrimental to sensitive three phase loads, including motor loads. The Series 700F protects downstream equipment by electronically shutting off if the power source feeding it loses one or more phases. Once the phases return, the Series 700F will turn all three phases back on simultaneously. This protects the load and ensures that the line currents will not exceed critical values.
Is the Series 700F as reliable as other technologies?
- Yes, and in some cases … much more. Our tap switching technology has a long history of reliability, exceeding 200,000 hours of field-compiled data.
- Conservatively designed, rated components are never stressed. In the event that input or output conditions exceed the unit’s ratings, protective devices are strategically placed to minimize or eliminate component failure.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 700F Power Processor to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
NEW! “TrueLITE Model ELS” Three Phase Emergency Lighting Inverter!
We continue to capitalize on market-driven features that electrical distributors, contractors, and lighting engineers are seeking in their emergency lighting projects. And as a result … we’re excited to introduce and launch our NEW “TrueLITE…read more >
“FastLITE Model FST” Product Update!
Since the release of our “FastLITE Model FST” fast-transfer emergency lighting inverter this past winter, we’ve received a number of requests for 120 minutes runtime. We’re excited to announce that we now have this update!…read more >
High Efficiency, Fast-Transfer Emergency Lighting Inverter
Now more than ever before, LED fixtures are being used for emergency lighting applications. And electrical power quality plays a big role in those LED fixtures. When we took a look at the needs of…read more >
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >