Series 70 AutoCoat MAC Rectifier
Our Series 70 AutoCoat rectifier has a front access, single transformer, secondary thyristor design, which can be used as both a standalone rectifier or in a Modular Anode Control (MAC) system. Offered in two models, the Model 706 (utilizing a 6-pulse SCR configuration) and the Model 7012 (utilizing a 12-pulse SCR configuration), the Series 70 AutoCoat is available with DC output ratings of 400V – 450V and 200A – 400A.
Compatible with today’s advanced e-coat processes, the Series 70 AutoCoat rectifier is specifically designed for automotive and general e-coat applications which require greater voltage and current control of each anode. Designed for optimum, reliable performance in harsh industrial environments, the Series 70 AutoCoat rectifier is an ideal choice for MAC e-coat applications, as well as smaller single rectifier systems.
Read more! Get our free whitepaper which discusses MAC rectifier systems used in both continuous conveyor and batch e-coat processes!
- Small footprint
- Front-access system; back or side access and clearance are not required
- Built-in anode monitoring
- Extensive set of standard controls and monitoring (Optional local or remote controls are available to suit almost every application – consult factory.)
- Dedicated outputs – up to (2) for 200A, (4) for 400A (Consult factory for other configurations.)
- AC distribution systems are available for easy installation
- Flexibility to use PLC’s from various manufacturers
- Flexible PLC distributed I/O configurations
- Input Voltage: Standard 208V, 240V, 480V or 600V; 3 phase
- Input Line Variation: ± 5% from nominal
- DC Output Voltages: 400V – 450V
- DC Output Current Ratings: 200A or 400A
- In reference to the four bullets above, consult factory for other optional input voltages, input line variations, output voltages, and output current ratings.
- Frequency: 60 Hz; optional 50 Hz
- Efficiency: 95% typical; size dependent and at full load
- Power Factor: 0.90 typical, at full output
- % AC Output Ripple: Model 706 – 5% when operating within 25% to 100% of full voltage and current
- % AC Output Ripple: Model 7012 – 1% when operating within 25% to 100% of full voltage and current
- Voltage Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Current Regulation: ± 0.5%
- Ambient Temperature: 0° C (32° F) to 40° C (104° F) maximum
- Humidity: 95% non-condensing
- Elevation: Maximum elevation 1524 meters (5000 feet) without de-rating
- Automotive and general e-coat systems
- Metal finishing applications
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
Can the Series 70 AutoCoat be used in a 1- or 2-zone standard e-coat system configuration?
- Yes! The Series 70 AutoCoat is available in a standard model, which has controls for a conventional monorail or batch type e-coat configuration, plus a single-output bus for connection to multiple anodes.
Does the Series 70 AutoCoat offer PLC control and monitoring?
- Yes! The Series 70 AutoCoat may be provided with internal distributed I/O modules, which allow communication with a PLC that digitally controls and monitors multiple rectifiers at one time (e.g., in an MAC system). Whether provided by Controlled Power Company or another manufacturer, this PLC can also communicate with a manufacturing plant's PLC or centralized monitoring system for expanded monitoring and control.
Do I need a separate anode monitoring system in an MAC system with the Series 70 AutoCoat?
- No. The Series 70 AutoCoat has built-in current sensing for each output that is connected to the tank. The current values can be sent either over Ethernet / Serial connections with distributed I/O or analog 4-20mA signals.
How can I reduce or eliminate downtime?
- Purchasing and installing a second backup rectifier connected in parallel with the existing rectifier and a DC switch, will virtually eliminate downtime. In this scenario, if a rectifier happens to go down or is being serviced, a backup unit can be brought online within a few minutes. For more information, see our Options document entitled "DC Transfer Switches" for details about DC switch and backup rectifier configurations.
How can I reduce the floor space needed for rectifiers used in my process?
- Controlled Power Company is able to custom design rectifier cabinets for limited floor space or single side access. We are also able to provide multiple rectifiers in a single enclosure.
Ripple Filter (Standard On E-Coat Rectifiers)
Ripple Meter With Alarm Output
Distributed I/O With PLC Remote
DC Transfer Switches
DC Isolation Switch
Amp-Hour Counter with 2 Part Paint Feed Controller
Enhanced Monitoring Package
Replaceable Air Filters
The Automatic Average Current Density (AACD) is an available voltage control option with this E-Coat rectifier. Based upon the size of the part being painted, the AACD automatically adjusts the DC voltage (throw power) in order to control the amount of paint applied to the part. The result is that over-coating and under-coating are reduced or eliminated; thus saving money related to excess paint usage and rework costs. For additional product and application details, please visit our AACD webpage!
Controlled Power Company warrants the Series 70 AutoCoat MAC Rectifier to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >
Centralized Battery Backup — Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simplify NFPA 101 compliance and lower maintenance costs? We can show you how! With NFPA standards reflecting automatic testing of life safety systems and computer-based reporting of test…read more >
NEW! Website File-Upload Capability!
We want to inform you of an exciting, brand-new feature on our website! As sales prospects, existing customers, engineers, distributors, electrical contractors, end-users, etc … you now have the ability to securely upload drawing files…read more >
Single Phase, LED-Compatible, Seismic-Rated Emergency Lighting Inverter
Many new construction projects are now including LED fixtures in their lighting design … and some of these LED fixtures are designated for emergency egress lighting. If you’ve been tasked with specifying a cost-effective, LED-compatible…read more >