Models LT & LTR
(700VA - 2.1kVA)
The Model LT (tower style cabinet) and Model LTR (rack mount cabinet) are single-phase, seamless transfer, uninterruptible power supplies. These products provide premium power to various types of loads, including industrial and information technology. The overall function of the Model LT and Model LTR is to take polluted, fluctuating, and erratic electrical power and purify it, resulting in well-regulated, clean, uninterrupted, computer-grade power. Up to 30 minutes of internal battery backup is provided, model-dependent, with external battery options available providing runtimes of 60 minutes or more at full load.
Single Phase Sizes: 700VA, 850VA, 1.0kVA, 1.2kVA, 1.4kVA, 1.6kVA, 1.8kVA, 2.1kVA
- Steady, regulated voltage to +/- 3% provides proven performance and extends the life of your equipment.
- Highest level performance sine wave output matches your system’s requirements.
- 100% power conditioning.
- No-break, continuous power provides seamless transfer to back-up power and prevents data loss.
- Optional extended battery runtimes.
- Built-in, computer-grade, power purifying isolation transformer protects the load from even the most-damaging power disturbances.
- User-friendly status and diagnostic indicators.
- Optional NetMinder Ethernet/MODBUS adapter for remote monitoring.
- Voltage Regulation: +/- 3%
- Load Regulation: Typically better than +/- 3%
- Overload Capability: 125% for 10 min
- Surge Capability: 150% of rated output
- Input Operating Range: +10 to -40% (typical)
- Input Current THD: < 5%
- K-Factor: 30 or better
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 120dB
- Transverse Mode (Line) Noise Attenuation: 70dB
- Spike Attenuation: 3000:1
- Crest Factor: 3.5:1
- High-Performance Workstations
- Voicemail/Information Technology
- Communication Closets
- Transmission Repeaters
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Critical Instrumentation
- Point-of-Sale Computers
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
Are the LT & LTR standby uninterruptible power systems?
- No. Both use seamless transfer, ferroresonant technology to secure optimum performance. Unlike standby systems that do nothing until power fails, the LT & LTR models condition, regulate, and filter the power 100% of the time. The load receives a steady, spike-free, sine wave voltage, regardless of whether the incoming power is in or out of acceptable range.
How do the LT & LTR regulate voltage?
- The LT & LTR models incorporate a highly efficient ferroresonant transformer that produces a steady output voltage over a wide range of input voltages. Even in severe brownout conditions, both models deliver regulated voltage to within +/-3% without using battery power.
How do the LT & LTR correct for bad power?
- The ferroresonant transformer remains in the power circuit 100% of the time. Since the transformer is designed to pass only 60Hz (50 cycles also available, if required), the power distortion reflected in the other frequencies will not be present in the output. The LT & LTR models correct for bad input voltage waveforms with distortion levels as high as 40%. Most standby UPS units will not tolerate over 7% distortion, and they switch to battery backup. The LT & LTR models preserve the battery power for outages only.
What level of TVSS (surge) protection is offered by the LT & LTR?
- The limited protection that a standby UPS offers is from its TVSS circuit. The typical TVSS protection is no more than a couple of dime- to nickel-sized metal oxide varistors (MOVs), offering limited and temporary protection. In contrast, the LT & LTR models protect the load with 15-plus pounds of high-grade transformer steel. The transformer absorbs the high-energy transients, leaving the load solidly protected, and also replenishes the energy where notching and reverse spiking occur.
Do the LT & LTR improve the operation of the connected equipment?
- Yes. The output filter circuit removes unwanted frequencies generated by non-linear loads. This characteristic lowers the high load current demand and improves the power factor. The load draws less current and produces much less heat, increasing its efficiency and extending its life.
How is it that the LT & LTR correct for ground noise when other uninterruptible power systems of similar VA sizes do not?
- The LT & LTR models use a high-level isolation, ferroresonant transformer for power conditioning. Only an isolation transformer removes common mode noise (the noise generated on the ground lead). Most other uninterruptible power systems use an autotransformer for some voltage correction functions and ignore the need for common mode noise attenuation.
How do the LT & LTR correct for improper site wiring?
- Site wiring is always an unknown. There may be voltage variations, ground current that causes disruptive operation (unsolvable with TVSS), mixed grounds, etc. The LT & LTR models’ ferroresonant transformer generates the equivalent of a new power source dedicated to the load. It creates a new clean ground reference and establishes a central ground point for all loads. The new ground assures the data spike attenuation networks are at the most optimal location (the shortest lead length to ground).
How do the LT & LTR provide superior isolation compared to typical units of the same size?
- Most standby uninterruptible power systems just pass the incoming power directly to the load without any regulation, power conditioning, and/or isolation. The LT & LTR models use a special ferroresonant isolation transformer for power purification and isolation.
Do the LT & LTR do anything to correct for load-generated harmonics?
- Yes. The LT & LTR models’ ferroresonant transformer acts as a band pass filter, allowing only 60 cycles to pass (50 cycles also available, if required). Load-generated noise and harmonics are trapped in the output of the UPS, preventing the unwanted harmonics from reaching the input power source. Standby uninterruptible power systems simply don't correct for harmonics.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Models LT & LTR Uninterruptible Power Systems to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Batteries are warranted with a one (1) year full replacement warranty, and an optional four (4) year pro-rate with applicable maintenance contract. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >
Centralized Battery Backup — Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simplify NFPA 101 compliance and lower maintenance costs? We can show you how! With NFPA standards reflecting automatic testing of life safety systems and computer-based reporting of test…read more >
NEW! Website File-Upload Capability!
We want to inform you of an exciting, brand-new feature on our website! As sales prospects, existing customers, engineers, distributors, electrical contractors, end-users, etc … you now have the ability to securely upload drawing files…read more >
Single Phase, LED-Compatible, Seismic-Rated Emergency Lighting Inverter
Many new construction projects are now including LED fixtures in their lighting design … and some of these LED fixtures are designated for emergency egress lighting. If you’ve been tasked with specifying a cost-effective, LED-compatible…read more >