(550VA - 1.3kVA)
Shouldn’t the UPS technology be as rugged as the outdoor-rated enclosure in which it’s provided?
Many of today’s “outdoor UPS systems” are simply a commercial grade standby power supply in an outdoor-rated enclosure. These designs offer no real power line conditioning, isolation, or meaningful voltage regulation. Many offer only ±10% voltage regulation and have a 5 millisecond break in power when transferring to or from battery backup.
Why settle for this performance when our Model LTN-3R offers so much more?
Within each Model LTN-3R UPS is a rugged constant voltage transformer which provides output line voltage regulation of ±3%. In addition, magnetic isolation, filtering, and power conditioning provide ultimate protection from extreme power line disturbances and power outages. A free-standing outdoor UPS, the Model LTN-3R may be floor- or pad-mounted at its installation site.
Single Phase Sizes: 550 VA, 1 kVA, 1.3 kVA
Output Power Rating: kVA at 1.0 power factor (unity), kVA = kW
- No break, regulated, continuous sine wave output.
- Integral constant voltage transformer isolates and regulates output voltage.
- NEMA 3R rain-tight enclosure design.
- Internal status and alarm panel, with optional viewing window.
- Internal battery options, providing extended runtimes from 30 minutes to 9.5 hours at full load, model dependent.
- Input and output main circuit breakers.
- Make-before-break maintenance bypass switch.
- Standard 8.5 amp accelerated, temperature-compensated battery charger.
- Elastomeric insulation prevents condensation and internal moisture.
- Conformal coated circuit boards.
- Keyed door latches.
- Front-access design.
- Generator compatible.
- Remote communications via alarm signals or RS232.
- Optional heater and related thermostat.
- Optional remote monitoring via Ethernet TCP/IP.
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -40% typical, load-dependent, without battery usage
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ±2.5 Hz
- Output Power Rating: kVA at 1.0 power factor (unity), kVA = kW
- Output Sine wave Voltage: Maximum 3% harmonic distortion, any single harmonic
- Voltage Regulation: ± 3% typical
- Isolation: Galvanic
- Operating Temperature: -35° C to +55° C (-31° F to 131° F)
- Total System MTBF: 100,000 hours
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 120 dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Attenuation: 70 dB
- Efficiency: 89% typical
- Security Systems/Surveillance Cameras
- Parking Garage Kiosks/Gate Arms
- Motor Drives For Barrier Control
- Highway Tollgates
- Vehicle/Cargo Scanning
- Traffic Signal Controls
- Irrigation Systems
- Transmission Repeaters/Cell Towers
- Radio/TV Transmitter Sites
- Solar Array Controls
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
Can the Model LTN-3R operate in high temperature, wind, rain, sleet, and snowy conditions?
- Yes. The Model LTN-3R is an outdoor rated UPS, able to withstand virtually all outdoor conditions. The Model LTN-3R is designed and insulated in such a manner as to not allow the weather elements to impede the operation of the UPS.
How does the Model LTN-3R regulate voltage?
- The Model LTN-3R incorporates a highly efficient constant voltage isolation transformer that produces a steady output voltage over a wide range of input voltages. Even in severe brownout conditions, the Model LTN-3R delivers regulated voltage to within +/-3% without using battery power.
Does the Model LTN-3R do anything to correct for load generated harmonics?
- Yes. The Model LTN-3R’s constant voltage isolation transformer acts as a band pass filter, allowing only 60 cycles to pass. Load generated noise and harmonics are trapped in the output of the Model LTN-3R, preventing the unwanted harmonics from reaching the input power source. Standby uninterruptible power systems simply don't do anything for harmonics; you live with the results.
Does the Model LTN-3R preserve the battery life in harsh temperature conditions more than other UPS models?
- Yes. With “variable range regulation” (using Fuzzy Ranging™ technology), the Model LTN-3R can maintain normal operation down to -40% of the input voltage, thus conserving battery use. The Model LTN-3R also maintains a stable operating temperature within the cabinet by using cooling fans or a thermostatically controlled heater to increase battery life.
Can I perform maintenance on the Model LTN-3R UPS without disrupting power to my equipment?
- Yes. The Model LTN-3R is uniquely designed with a make-before-break, wrap-around, rotary bypass switch. There is no break in output power when switching to and from bypass mode. In addition, full maintenance can take place while in bypass! In bypass mode, the rotary switch connects source power directly to the load, while maintaining the unit’s output breaker in the circuit. The input breaker may then be opened to remove power from the UPS components and electronics, allowing for service to take place. Batteries may be replaced by simply unplugging them from the UPS via the system’s DC quick-disconnect. Once replaced, the batteries may be plugged back into the UPS.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Model LTN-3R Uninterruptible Power System to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Batteries are warranted with a one (1) year full replacement warranty, and an optional four (4) year pro-rate with applicable maintenance contract. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
CPC’s “Egress Lighting Integrity Test”
In terms of monitoring, testing, data recording, and recordkeeping, the matrix below shows which of our centralized emergency lighting inverters meet or exceed NFPA 101 (up through and including section 126.96.36.199.3). Compliance With NFPA…read more >
Solutions To Electrical Power Disturbances
Have you ever wanted a simple matrix that illustrates “which types of electrical power quality products solve which types of power problems”? We have just such a document to help you! Our “Solutions To Electrical…read more >
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Website
Controlled Power Company, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power quality solutions, announces the launch of its newly re-designed website, www.controlledpwr.com. Using a contemporary development platform, the new…read more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts,…read more >