(1.5kVA - 14kVA)Uninterruptible Power Systems
From its “front access” design and self-contained battery runtime options (up to 4 hours, model dependent) to its ease of installation and user-friendly operation, the Model ESV UPS is the right choice to provide conditioned, continuous backup power to today’s mission critical applications.
Its centralized UPS installation eliminates the need for multiple lower VA rated systems requiring maintenance/replacement at varied and unexpected times. In addition, its vertical design accommodates overhead power conduit/cable landings for server racks and other critical equipment.
The front access design of the Model ESV makes it perfect for installation within fabricated modular containers and other spaces where equipment must be backed up against a wall, and side access isn’t available.
Single Phase Sizes: 1.5kVA, 2.2kVA, 3kVA, 3.5kVA, 4.2kVA, 5kVA, 6kVA, 7kVA, 7.5kVA, 8.5kVA, 10kVA, 12.5kVA, 13.5kVA, 14kVA
- “Front access” design for easy installation, operation, and service.
- Extended battery backup time, without the need for additional cabinetry.
- Centralized UPS installation that eliminates the need for multiple lower VA rated UPS’s requiring maintenance/replacement at varied and unexpected times.
- Many models available from 120 VAC to 600 VAC, with conversion to the exact nominal output voltage needed, even in bypass.
- A standard internal push-to-turn bypass that assures a fully in-sync transfer and no loss of output power when switching to and from bypass mode.
- Optional external, wall-mounted BBM or MBB maintenance bypass switch with lockout (LOTO) feature.
- Voltage regulation and power conditioning on all models, many with an internal computer-grade isolation transformer.
- Output distribution options where you decide the exact output breaker configuration.
- Variable-range logic provides added security during deep brownout conditions, without battery consumption – thus assuring that the batteries will be at full capacity for a power outage.
- Accommodates vertical overhead power conduit/cable landings for server racks and other critical equipment.
- Optional communications via an Ethernet TCP/IP, MODBUS TCP, MODBUS RS485, BACnet/IP, or BACnet MS/TP network.
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +12%, -30% typical, load-dependent without battery usage
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ± 2.5 Hz
- Input Current Harmonic Distortion: < 5% THD
- Input Power Factor Correction: > .99 PF
- Output Power Rating: kVA at 1.0 power factor (unity), kVA = kW
- Output Sine Wave Voltage: Typical 3% output THD with linear load
- Output Regulation: Typically better than ±1.5%
- Output Circuit Breaker Pole Spaces Available: 20 without trip indicator alarm/light; or up to 13 with trip indicator alarm/light
- Standard Unit Operating Temperature: UL and CUL listed at 0° C to 40° C
- Total System MTBF: Approximately 100,000 hours
- Audible Noise: < 50 dB
- Noise Attenuation (for models supplied with an isolation transformer): 120 dB Common Mode; 70 dB Transverse Mode
- Business Continuity Requiring Extended Runtimes
- Industrial Controls and Automation
- Remote Controls/Telemetry
- I.T. Network Server Rooms
- Small to Medium Data Centers
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
- Can the Model ESV step 600VAC or 480VAC down to 120VAC, 2-wire plus ground?
- Yes. In fact, these configurations are available from 4.2kVA through 14kVA! This absolutely satisfies the need of many customers who prefer a single 120VAC, 2-wire output, capable of supporting higher power levels. Of course, a 240/120 VAC, 3-wire output is also available.
- How much internal battery backup time is available?
- While it depends on the kVA rating of the UPS and the percent of load, a 2.2kVA system can provide up to four hours of internal battery backup at full load! A 14kVA system configured for either 240/120 VAC or 208/120 VAC can provide 20 minutes at full load.
- Are external battery options available for longer run times?
- Yes. By adding one or two external battery cabinet(s), up to four hours of battery backup can be provided on all models 3kVA through 14kVA!
- How can the Model ESV operate with an input voltage of -30% from nominal, without battery usage?
- The answer is “Adaptive Input Range” technology. Adaptive Input Range technology is used to automatically broaden the input operating range as a function of load. This feature provides added security during deep brownout conditions, without battery consumption. Depending on the percent of load, the input voltage can drop as low as 30% of nominal before resorting to battery power, thus increasing battery life. Adaptive Input Range assures the batteries will be at full capacity for a real emergency – a power outage.
- How do I know when to check my UPS batteries?
- To answer this critical question, the Model ESV tells you when to check your batteries. The ESV’s basic monitor and Intellistat TS monitor include a “check battery” alarm given after a battery test occurs, if a weak battery condition is detected. In addition, the ESV’s monitor provides complete diagnostics, including user-programmable automatic battery testing and date/time stamped logging of the results.
- Can I get output breakers on my UPS and have my electrician hardwire to them, instead of wiring to a wall-mounted panel?
- Yes. In addition to the standard main output terminals, the Model ESV can include optional output (branch) circuit breakers. A total of 20 pole positions are available for factory-installed 1 or 2 pole circuit breakers. Designated knock-outs are provided for conduit landing on the top of the ESV enclosure.
- What are my remote monitoring options?
- There are several. Each Model ESV includes a hardwired terminal strip interface for remote indication of UPS status and alarms. These status and alarm contacts can interface with an optional Remote Annunciator panel provided by Controlled Power. If remote communications and monitoring are desired via a network connection, the Model ESV is equipped with an optional NetMinder module. The NetMinder module integrates the Model ESV into an Ethernet TCP/IP, MODBUS TCP, MODBUS RS485, BACnet/IP, or BACnet MS/TP network.
Controlled Power Company warrants the Model ESV Uninterruptible Power System’s electronics and controls to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of (3) years following shipment from the factory. Batteries are warranted with a two (2) year full replacement warranty, and an optional three (3) year pro-rate with applicable maintenance contract. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period. On site labor for warranty repair in the United States and Canada is covered for 90 days following the start of the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
CPC’s “Egress Lighting Integrity Test”
In terms of monitoring, testing, data recording, and recordkeeping, the matrix below shows which of our centralized emergency lighting inverters meet or exceed NFPA 101 (up through and including section 126.96.36.199.3). Compliance With NFPA…read more >
Solutions To Electrical Power Disturbances
Have you ever wanted a simple matrix that illustrates “which types of electrical power quality products solve which types of power problems”? We have just such a document to help you! Our “Solutions To Electrical…read more >
Controlled Power Company Launches Newly Re-Designed Website
Controlled Power Company, a U.S. manufacturer of a full line of commercial, industrial, and medical-grade electrical power quality solutions, announces the launch of its newly re-designed website, www.controlledpwr.com. Using a contemporary development platform, the new…read more >
Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Just curious … as a lighting designer or specifying engineer, are you able to thoroughly investigate the available commercial / industrial emergency egress lighting solutions? As you specify UL 924 Listed battery backup products (for example, wall-mounted “bug-eyes”, emergency ballasts,…read more >