MedPoweRx UPS Model LT/M
(700VA - 2.1kVA)
The MedPoweRx UPS – Patient Vicinity Series, Model LT/M is a single phase, seamless transfer, UL 60601-1 listed, uninterruptible power system for use with patient vicinity medical equipment, such as fluoroscopy, patient monitors, ultrasound, and other critical medical equipment. The Model LT/M not only protects sensitive medical equipment from power outages, but it also regulates voltage, attenuates harmonics, and eliminates line and ground noise. The Model LT/M is certified as meeting NFPA 99 leakage current requirements for portable patient vicinity equipment.
Size Range: 700VA – 2.1kVA
- Steady, regulated voltage to +/- 3% provides proven performance and extends the life of your equipment
- Low leakage current to ground for patient care vicinity use per NFPA 99
- Built-in, medical-grade, power purifying isolation transformer protects the load from even the most-damaging power disturbances
- Numeric, 3-digit, LED display panel identifies system status and alarm conditions
- “Hot start” feature for mobile operations
- Field-expandable power ratings and optional extended battery runtimes
- Hospital grade input plug
- (3) NEMA 5-20R2 (5-15R2 for Canada) duplex hospital grade output receptacles
- Optional NetMinder Ethernet/MODBUS adapter for network monitoring
- Optional specially-designed wheeled cart enables UPS portability
- Input Operating Voltage: 120VAC
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -30% typical, load-dependent, without battery usage
- Input Current THD: < 3%
- Leakage Current to Ground: < 300μA
- Output Voltage Regulation: +/- 3%
- Load Regulation: Typically better than +/- 3%
- Overload Capability: 125% for 10 minutes
- Surge Capability: 150% of rated output
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Common Mode Noise Attenuation: 120dB
- Transverse Mode (Line) Noise Attenuation: 70dB
- Spike Attenuation: 3000:1
- Crest Factor: 3.5:1
- Patient Monitors
- Blood Analyzers
- Laboratory Equipment
- Other Sensitive Patient Vicinity Medical Equipment
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
What separates the LT/M from a standard UPS?
- The LT/M is medical-grade. This means that it is listed to the UL 60601-1 medical standard for patient vicinity applications and is also compliant with the NFPA 99 codes defining “Leakage Current” and “Patient Care Vicinity.” The LT/M has hospital grade receptacles and a hospital grade input plug with line cord, and it has low leakage current to ground for patient and attendant safety. Standard Uninterruptible Power Systems are not normally listed to any medical standards.
Can any UPS be used in patient vicinity applications?
- No. In order for a UPS to be qualified for use in patient vicinity applications, the UPS must be listed to the UL or IEC standard of 60601-1 and meet the NFPA 99 leakage current limits for portable equipment. This standard certifies that if the ground becomes disconnected from the UPS and the patient comes in contact with the UPS, the patient would not be harmed. It also requires the use of hospital grade receptacles and line plugs which are designed to withstand the rigorous use and accidental bumping which is common in hospital and medical environments.
How does the LT/M regulate voltage?
- The LT/M incorporates a highly efficient ferroresonant transformer that produces a steady output voltage over a wide range of input voltages. Even in severe brownout conditions, the LT/M delivers regulated voltage to within +/-3% without using battery power.
How does the LT/M correct for bad power?
- The ferroresonant transformer remains in the power circuit 100% of the time. Since the transformer is designed to pass only 60Hz (50Hz model also available), the power distortion of other frequencies will be minimized, if not eliminated, on the output. The LT/M corrects for bad input voltage waveforms with distortion levels as high as 40%. On many Uninterruptible Power Systems, if the distortion levels are too high, the UPS will switch to battery power, thus depleting critical reserve power unnecessarily. The LT/M preserves the battery power for outages and extreme voltage deviations only.
What level of TVSS protection is offered by the LT/M?
- The LT/M has two levels of TVSS protection for ultimate power quality. The first is a TVSS module on the input of the UPS, which provides a surge rating exceeding ANSI C62.41. The second line of defense is the output ferroresonant isolation transformer. If any high or low frequency transients happen to pass through the TVSS module, then the ferroresonant transformer absorbs them. This increases the reliability of data collected and the equipment itself. The transformer also replenishes the energy where notching and reverse spiking occur.
How does the LT/M differ from other medical UPS systems?
- Many medical UPS systems just pass the incoming power directly to load through an isolation transformer. They do not regulate the voltage, nor provide any harmonic attenuation or high level power conditioning. The LT/M uses a special ferroresonant isolation transformer for voltage regulation, harmonic attenuation and premium power conditioning. The LT/M conditions, regulates, and isolates power, even when operating on battery. With the ferroresonant isolation transformer, low leakage current to ground is attained for patient safety.
Controlled Power Company warrants the MedPoweRx UPS Model LT/M Uninterruptible Power System to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following shipment from the factory. Batteries are warranted with a one (1) year full replacement warranty, and an optional three (3) year pro-rate with applicable maintenance contract. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
High Efficiency, Fast-Transfer Emergency Lighting Inverter
Now more than ever before, LED fixtures are being used for emergency lighting applications. And electrical power quality plays a big role in those LED fixtures. When we took a look at the needs of…read more >
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >
Centralized Battery Backup — Emergency Egress Lighting Solutions
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simplify NFPA 101 compliance and lower maintenance costs? We can show you how! With NFPA standards reflecting automatic testing of life safety systems and computer-based reporting of test…read more >
NEW! Website File-Upload Capability!
We want to inform you of an exciting, brand-new feature on our website! As sales prospects, existing customers, engineers, distributors, electrical contractors, end-users, etc … you now have the ability to securely upload drawing files…read more >