eLITE Model ELE
The eLITE Model ELE is a modular, no-break, front access, single phase centralized emergency lighting inverter that provides conditioned and regulated power to normally on and normally off fixtures. The Model ELE is listed to “UL 924 Emergency Lighting Equipment,” “UL 924 Auxiliary Lighting and Power Equipment,” and “UL 1778 Uninterruptible Power Supplies” standards. The Model ELE is also compliant with NFPA 101 and NFPA 111 requirements for testing of emergency lighting inverter systems.
The Model ELE is compatible with LED drivers/fixtures, and is a perfect choice when a larger kW-rated single phase emergency power source is required . . . up to and including 18kW!
Single Phase Sizes: 5.3kW, 7.5kW, 8.5kW, 10kW, 12.5kW, 14.5kW, 16kW, 18kW
- Automatic self-testing, data logging, and reporting per NFPA 101 – 220.127.116.11.3.
- Uninterrupted, regulated, continuous sine wave output for use with “normally on” lighting fixtures and exit lamps
- True no-break system, providing voltage regulation and performance characteristics that extend ballast, LED driver, and lamp life
- Standby output for use with “Normally Off” lighting fixtures
- Front access, modular cabinet construction
- Integral constant voltage transformer isolates and regulates output voltage
- Delivers highly filtered and spike-free power to emergency lighting fixtures and “Life Safety” devices
- Overload and short-circuit proof
- Front access distribution, with lockable drop-down panel door
- Standard AC and DC input protection
- Generator compatible
- NEMA1 enclosure
- Internal make-before-break bypass switch
- Optional zone sensing
- Optional control device override (wall switch, occupancy sensor, dimmer, etc.)
- Optional CB trip indicator alarm/light
- Electrically isolated output
- Advanced monitoring system
- Optional NetMinder Ethernet/MODBUS adapter for network monitoring
- Input Operating Voltage Range: +10%, -15% without battery usage
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz, ± 2.5 Hz
- Input Current Harmonic Distortion: Less than 10%
- Power Factor: Self-correcting to > 0.95
- Output Sine wave Voltage: Maximum 3% harmonic distortion, any single harmonic
- Output Voltage Regulation: Typically better than ± 3%
- Isolation: Galvanic
- Standard Unit Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Total System MTBF: 100,000 hours
- Common Mode Noise Rejection: 120 dB
- Transverse Mode Noise Rejection: 70 dB
- Efficiency: 90% typical
- Security/Public Address Systems
- Subways/Mass Transit
- Parking Structures/Garages
- Shopping Malls
- Banks/Financial Institutions
- Airport Terminals
- Apartment Buildings
Learn more about this product! Read our brochures and other supporting documents!
Multiple Voltage Capabilities
UL924 Auxiliary Lighting and Power
Remote Input Command
Local Control Override
Egress Lighting Integrity Test
Advanced Remote Monitoring
Advanced Remote Monitoring MODBUS
Advanced Remote Monitoring BACnet
Design Flexibility of Inverters
Critical Healthcare Environments
What are centralized lighting inverters and why use them?
- A centralized lighting inverter is an electronic system that converts DC battery power to standard AC voltages to provide back-up for emergency lighting systems during a power outage. Centralized lighting inverters provide a single point source of power for all emergency lighting and exit signs. This source provides for a controlled logical wiring scheme and results in a single point for monthly and annual testing.
Is the eLITE Model ELE NFPA 101 compliant?
- Yes! The Model ELE is compatible with NFPA 101 – 18.104.22.168.3 “Periodic Testing of Emergency Lighting Equipment.”
Does the eLITE Model ELE have a transfer time, and if so, is it important?
- The Model ELE does not have a transfer time. Transfer time is the time it takes to recognize and deliver emergency power. An inverter providing zero transfer time ensures that there is no interruption of power to the emergency lighting fixtures. Lighting control systems and alarm circuits may also need a no-break type system because of the circuit power requirements.
Does the eLITE Model ELE extend the life of lighting fixtures?
- Yes! The Model ELE ensures clean, regulated, and isolated power to all lighting fixtures, protecting them from adverse electrical conditions that could damage the ballast, LED driver, or lamp. This improves the performance and life of the fixture and prevents premature failure.
Is the eLITE Model ELE capable of operating both normally off and normally on lighting fixtures?
- Yes! The Model ELE is provided with a standard Normally On output and an optional Normally Off output connection. If the installation has normally on and normally off emergency lighting, the Model ELE’s hardwired output terminals and optional output breakers can distribute power to each type of lighting.
Can the eLITE Model ELE support different types of lighting at different voltages simultaneously?
- Yes. In the event that there are two different types of lighting fixtures/LED drivers requiring two different nominal voltages, the Model ELE can supply power to both simultaneously without the need for additional transformers. This capability applies both to normally on and normally off lighting circuits, with separate breakers available for each.
Controlled Power Company warrants the eLITE Model ELE Emergency Lighting Inverter to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years following shipment from the factory. Batteries are warranted with a one (1) year full replacement, and 14 year pro-rated warranty. Controlled Power Company agrees to replace, F.O.B. its factory, any parts which fault through defect in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
Warranty begins from date of shipment unless a factory start-up is purchased, then the warranty begins from date of start-up or 90 days from ship date; whichever comes first.
Consult the factory for additional warranty details, and a description of start-up services provided.
Sign Up for news
SEE WHAT’S NEW ON OUR NEWS + BLOGVIEW ALL POSTS
NEW! “TrueLITE Model ELS” Three Phase Emergency Lighting Inverter!
We continue to capitalize on market-driven features that electrical distributors, contractors, and lighting engineers are seeking in their emergency lighting projects. And as a result … we’re excited to introduce and launch our NEW “TrueLITE…read more >
“FastLITE Model FST” Product Update!
Since the release of our “FastLITE Model FST” fast-transfer emergency lighting inverter this past winter, we’ve received a number of requests for 120 minutes runtime. We’re excited to announce that we now have this update!…read more >
High Efficiency, Fast-Transfer Emergency Lighting Inverter
Now more than ever before, LED fixtures are being used for emergency lighting applications. And electrical power quality plays a big role in those LED fixtures. When we took a look at the needs of…read more >
Maximize Profits Through Power Quality!
Is your industrial facility, sensitive electronic instrumentation, or automation process experiencing fluctuating voltages, line noise, or brownouts … thus disrupting your normal operation and production processes? Are you looking for a permanent solution? Disruptive electrical…read more >